Saturday 3 October 2015

London Fashion Weekend 2015


On Sunday 27th September I went to London Fashion Weekend for the first time!


As it's not an event that comes around very often, I wanted to wear something other than the usual crop top and jeans, but at the same time I wanted to be comfortable as there was a lot of walking around to do. After wandering around the shops and unfortunately not being able to find anything, I spotted this khaki ensemble online! As well as being super figure-flattering, it also features lace-up detailing around the front, fitting in with the 70s style pieces that are really on-trend at the moment. To polish off the look, I paired the dress with my Michael Kors Selma handbag and my trusty white converse.

Dress - prettylittlething.com
Bag - Michael Kors
Shoes - Converse










I saw two collections; Very Exclusive and Christopher Raeburn.

The Very Exclusive show was split into four different sections; Into The Wild, Marsala, Punk and Super Retro. Each one brought something different to the table, but my favourite had to be Marsala. The tones of cranberry, pink, red, plum and burgundy complimented each other perfectly, and gave the collection a real autumn feel. My favourite piece had to be the pink and coral ombré REDValentino maxi skirt, as it's both chic and practical. 

The Christopher Raeburn collection was very unique indeed! It was very outerwear focused, with plenty of bright orange jackets and neutral tone coats being showcased. Not only that, there was an underwater vibe to this collection, with a bag shaped like a shark to prove it! (I definitley have my eye on that!) The final touch was the use of up cycled materials throughout, making this an environmentally-friendly and stylish collection. 


As well as being the host to stunning catwalk collections, London Fashion Weekend also features a pop up boutique with tons of brands to shop from; some even at discounted prices! Brands included this year were Sophia Webster, Issa, Love Designer Boutique (which sells brands including Vivienne Westwood and Moschino) and lots more!

Overall I had a fabulous time, and I can't wait to visit next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment